The Rodolfus Foundation is committed to protecting your personal information. We respect that it’s your information and it’s personal. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our audience members and supporters, as well as each visitor who uses the The Rodolfus Foundation website.
Our Privacy Notice gives you detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
The information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalised and rewarding experience e.g. information about performances, courses, fundraising and events that may interest you as well as a smoother ticket-buying process.
2. WHO WE ARE
The Rodolfus Foundation is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 2886300). The Rodolfus Foundation is the operational organisation through which the charitable activities of The Junior Choral Course and The Rodolfus Choir are delivered. The Rodolfus Foundation is the data controller of your personal information.
The Rodolfus Choir is a registered charity (Company number 1033702).
Contact details for The Rodolfus Foundation are
The Rodolfus Foundation Ltd
68 Eccleston Square
By phone +44 (0)7905788001 or you can message us via our website https://www.therodolfusfoundation.com
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Lead Toby Belfield by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing tickets online or over the phone, joining as a Friend or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how our audience use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience whether you’re booking tickets or just trying to find out more about our latest events.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register for updates via our website
- When you apply for or enquire about our courses
- When you join us as a Friend
- When you buy tickets for our events
- When you phone us
- When you write to us
- When you browse our website
4. THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Directly from you When you register via our website, purchase tickets or contact us online or by phone, we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting. We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
When visiting our website, we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data hygiene files such as National Change of Address file and cleanse our file or correct inaccurate data. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
Information available publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
5. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones:
- to provide a service you have requested
- offer you a personalised experience
- understand our audience’s needs better
- inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for
- contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. change of venue).
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil ticket, donation and membership requests.
- Process payments. Please note that The Rodolfus Foundation does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your enquiry, booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, fundraising events and activities of The Rodolfus Foundation.
Where we have your consent or a legitimate interest:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us
- Email you about a specific topic you’ve requested to hear more about.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Help us create marketing communications and adverts that are more relevant to you.
- For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using booking and publicly available information. These segments help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re sending relevant messages to each group.
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our artistic output, our website and our other products.
- To keep our database accurate and relevant, for example, using National Change of Address.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Where we want to better understand people’s engagement with The Rodolfus Foundation and their potential interest in supporting us further:
Before contacting some individuals, we may seek additional information including The Rodolfus Foundation booking and connections, business network information and publicly available information relating to: residential location, wealth and assets, family, career, donations to other organisations (including political parties where they are made public by the individual) and hobbies and interests to create a profile of their interests and preferences. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to support us and helps us to make requests for gifts to those who may be able and willing to give. We may also use publicly sourced images to help identify individuals who attend our special events.
We use a number of different sources to aid us in our fundraising activities, including newspaper websites and archives, housing market websites and the electoral roll as well as official websites of companies, charities and other arts organisations. In addition to general use of the internet we also make use of company, director and shareholder information from publicly available, officially registered information providers, such as the organisations listed below:
6. HOW WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS
The Rodolfus Foundation will not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for The Rodolfus Foundation enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of The Rodolfus Foundation for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, catering providers, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
Our service providers are:
- Payment Processing: Stripe Banking
- Website Hosting: Squarespace
- Email Delivery: Sparkpost
- Named third party organisations if you ticked the relevant opt-in box when you purchased tickets. In these instances, we may supply your personal information to that specific organisation only.
- Other organisations where we are required to do so (for example, if required to do so by the ‘know your donor’ principles under charity law or a court order), or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
The Rodolfus Foundation is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.therodolfusfoundation.com and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The Rodolfus Foundation are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
Everyone who works for or with The Rodolfus Foundation has a responsibility to ensure data is collected, stored and handled appropriately and in accordance with both this policy and any applicable laws relating thereto.
The length of time we keep data for will vary according to the purpose, for example if purchasing a ticket only, we will typically keep your data for up to ten years from the date of your last transaction whereas if you have pledged a legacy to The Rodolfus Foundation, we will hold your details until notified by your executors. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact us using the contact details outlined in this notice.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
Storing data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
As part of the services offered to you through the The Rodolfus Foundation website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – for example, by being stored on a server outside the EEA. We use the following systems:
- Sparkpost Sparkpost is the email marketing software we. More information can be found on the Sparkpost website: Sparkpost
- Civi CRM Civi CRM is our database system. For more information about Civi CRM approach to data security please Civi CRM
8. YOUR CHOICES
We want to make sure you feel in control of any personal data and information that we hold about you. You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. You can do this by phoning, emailing, writing using our contact details below or submitting a message via the form on our website.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
You can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting our Data Protection Lead. Within 30 days, you are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about you and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
At any time, you have the right to ask The Rodolfus Foundation to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing and fundraising purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing, writing using our contact details below or submitting a message via the form on our website.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +44 (0)7905 788001
By post: The Rodolfus Foundation, 68 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PJ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
This notice was updated on 22nd May 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at The Rodolfus Foundation or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation. This policy will be reviewed annually by the Trustees of The Rodolfus Foundation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Further information on GDPR, data protection regulations and laws can be found here:
- Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
- Fundraising regulator: fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code-of-fundraising-practice/code-of-fundraising-practice
For Review May 2019